Saturday, February 20, 2010

And the toys continue to go in hiding...


My spirited young man has been naughty with a capital N the past few days. Don't get me wrong, I am insanely blessed to have Josh. He can be the sweetest and funniest lil man in the world (at least to moi).

Well, after running off in the mall (2x) and then the next day running out of a restaurant and into the parking lot before I could maneuver Ben in the stroller to the doors, I took away quite a few toys.

This morning Josh was being a bit saucy with his verbiage. He was opening and closing the doors upstairs loudly and Benji was trying to sleep.

Me: Josh, please stop opening and closing the doors. Ben is trying to sleep.
Josh (opens and closes the door): Like this.
Me (rolling my eyes to the point that I feared my retinas would detach): Um, yes, Josh....like that. Please stop...
Josh (opens and closes the door): Or like this.
Me: Josh if you do that again you are going into time out.
Josh: Why, I will only escape and there is nothing you can do about it.
Me: Hmmm, really. I think that if you escape there is something I can do about it.
Josh: No, nahnnny nahnnnny poo poo.
Me (trying to suppress the urge to smack him): Guess what?
Josh: What?
Me: You just lost more of your Batman figures.
Josh: I will find them.
Me: I doubt that Josh. Keep it coming if you want to lose all of them.
Josh is muttering under his breath and then says: I know something you can't take away.
Me: What?
Josh: My imagination.
Me (thinking "holy crap that is good!" but having to discipline my lil linquistic sassmouther): That is correct Josh. I can not take away your imagination and even if I could I never would.
Josh: Can I get my toys back now.
Me: No
Josh: Sorry mommy for being naughty.
Me: Thank you for apologizing.
Josh: How about now? Do I get them back now.
Me: No
Josh: Why are you not giving them back...I said SOOOOORRRRRRRRRRYYYY. (He said this dramatic and sassy-like).
Me: You have to earn them back by being a good boy. We all have our ouchie moments. I am simply asking you to listen to mommy and be respectful.

Of course we had a discussion about personal safety each time my Olympic sprinter darted from the scene on Thursday and Friday.

The boy has been informed that if he runs off again...NO MORE LEGO BATMAN. Holy crap he got a stunned look in his face. DAMN STRAIGHT. MAMA is NOT PLAYING.

I must applaud (inside not outside) Josh for his incredibly clever and witty comebacks. I am like DAMN he is quick-witted. All the sudden I am taking lessons in quick-wittedness from my soon to be 4 year old boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment