Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What should I be when I grow up...

This is a question I've been pondering FOREVER (or so it seems).

ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Artist and Scientist

HIGH SCHOOL: Artist/Art Historian/Scientist

COLLEGE: Artist/Scientist (then that was gone due to a bitch ass nun with a chip on her shoulder. She called me when I had the FLU and told me how I was being unfair to my lab partner and I was dumbfounded. I told her that "My lab partner is one of my best friends and she is well aware that I am sick. In fact, she is going to be leaving notes at my door this evening.". THE BITCH then said -yes, I still remember this- "Well, I saw you on campus walking around and laughing". I said "Sister, I left the confines of my dorm room so that I could get fresh air; food to eat from the cafeteria; my mail; meds for ear infection and happened to bump into a friend who thought I was dead.". The bitch did not apologize instead she said something ridiculous and hung up. I hated her actions and wonder what the hell flew up her ass.)/Due to the Chem teacher being a mega hose beast, I went into Communications

AFTER COLLEGE: Got stuck in the awful world of marketing, pr and advertising. Thought it would be super cool. Nope.

Tried to ESCAPE the heinousness of that world by taking Improv classes (FUN!!!!). Of course, I would merely do it as an escape and not something professionally because that takes an insane amount of talent and a very thick skin.

However, a Mary Kay woman actually helped me transform my world by bringing me back to having a dream. Such a sweet woman. This is when I jump started a bridal makeup artistry biz in 2001 and then went to Pivot Point International to become an esthetician (combining my love of SCIENCE and ART).

NOW: Ummmmm. I am a mommy. Best and most demanding job ever. However, I am longing for a career once my boys are both in school. GUH.

What will I be when I grow up?


No comments:

Post a Comment