Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ahhh Memories from being Preggo

I came across a post in the wee hours of the morning and couldn't help but giggle. Especially since my hubby just uploaded the photos from Josh's digital camera to the computer. In that upload are pics from the day (in mid-October 2009) that is described below.

Pics such as the interior of the Honda car dealership's man cave (waiting room); the Halloween decorations; the Parts counter with his new buds (they were so amused by his antics they had to shower him with candy...yay, a mother's dream come true...give a spaz some candy); pics of the Diego episode we were watching on the portable DVD player (it was the Whale Shark episode); a guide dog picture; a photo of my knee cap (suhhhhweeeet); the COSTCO gas station; and a picture of his smiley fries from Bob Evans. Good times my friends. Good times.

I shall set the scene and then post the POST. I was very preggolishus at the time and had to take my car in with my Josh in tow. Let's just say that I thought it was idiotic for me to do this and thought that my hubby could do this when I was in the hospital because UMMMMMMM, wouldn't be needing my car. BUT, SAFETY FIRST and my hubby was super busy ANNNNND he would not let it go.

THE POST
Soooooo, the moment I pulled up to the dealership, Josh and I were treated like VIPs. No doubt the peeps thought I may give birth at any moment and that they needed to speed up the process (believe me...there were cars ahead of me ) or they would have a mess to clean up.

Sales men were coming up to me while Josh and I were sitting in one of the oversized leather "man cave-type" chairs asking if they could get us anything. Josh wanted to document the ever so special ocassion by taking pictures of the establishment (we brought along his digital camera and DVD player). It was amusing because Josh had to do a running commentary. Good Lord the child is damn funny. The guys behind the Parts counter talked with Josh and were such dolls to ask me if he could have some candy. Josh was giddy and found some new best friends.

Two sales men were amused by Josh and talked to me about their large families (I just wanted to eat up these breeders).

So then my lil documentary maker simmers down with a packet of sweettarts. We watch a Diego episode. The sugar kicks in and Josh takes photos of the Diego "Underwater Mystery" episode in which we find out about a whale shark. Thennnnnnn it is over and a sweet yet overly social (yet a lil awkward...so sweet though) walks in with a service dog. She asks if Josh would like to pet her 2 year old doggy (we found out his bday is Oct 25-turning 2) that she takes to hospitals to lift peep's spirits. Joshie was elated.

Thennnnn, a good looking man in his 40s with sleeves of tattoos informs me that the car is done. I pay and then leave.

We go on our next journey...Costco gas station and the attendant looks at me and smiles. she says "Any day now? Are you expecting twins?". I grin and say I have a love for beer and doughnuts but Josh spills the beans (shouting from the car) that his baby brother is in my belly. So the woman and Josh have a convo. I swear at one point she was going to eat him up because she kept saying how sweet he is.

Thennnnnnnn, we hit Bob Evans so Josh could devour everything in site (oh yes, he had to document our experience there). At the end of our meal...a Tastefully Simple Rep came to our table to drop off lit. She was so nice that I couldn't tell her to shut up so I took the lit and babbled about the beer bread. Josh (as if reading me.) stood up on the bench and gave me a bear hug and told the woman that he loves me and that we need to go (so he can play...).

Next thing you know the whirling dervish sneaks under the table and pretends to run a marathon throughout Bob Evans. Seeing that I move at a snail's pace, I gathered up our goodies and then snag the obnoxious lunatic. Good grief.

When we got in the car...I take a deep cleansing breath in and enjoy the fact that my wackadoo is hogtied (FYI, harnessed in his car seat). I pull out the phone to check messages and my
mil's angellic voice is heard. Her
message was to check on how we are doing and if I need help this afternoon with Josh. After the choir of angels sang...I call her and wanted to scream "Hell yeah I want some help" but instead tell her that Josh misses her and would love to spend a few hours with Grandma and Grandpa.

So then I drive home with my chatter box in the back seat. After a few minutes...a peaceful quietness fills the car...then snoring. The child went into a food coma.

We get home and I had to sit in the car til Josh woke up because I was instructed to not lift heavy objects. Hmmm... a 36 lb pile of sleeping cuteness is definitely a heavy item.

Thennnnn g&g came by to pick up Josh and then....guheee I rested.

* This story has been brought to you by insomnia, the iPhone and the letters WTF (as in WTF am I doing up).

No comments:

Post a Comment