Friday, January 22, 2010

Domestic Goddess - Um

I have had the opportunity to review some lovely blogs in which the blogger discusses their meal plans and posts pics of their newest creations. It has inspired me.

It inspired me so much so that I excitedly ran to my bookcase (that happens to have quite a few cookbooks...CARB ADDICT, Cooking for Your Body Type, Italian, Fat and Loving It...) and dove into the pages while my eldest played with his Bat Cave and my youngest lay asleep in his car seat (yes, his car seat). I even ripped up an old brochure to use as page holders. Heck, Josh stopped playing with the Super heroes and Super villains in the Bat Cave to find his camera to take pics of this momentous occasion. I swear he was mocking me but...he was like "ICK ICK ICK...oooooooo, what is this...pizza...hmmmm, you must make this." Of course he also said he wanted to try Roman bruschetta. UMMMMMM, no you don't Josh because you don't like onions. DOH!

Anyway, I was getting excited about actually cooking stuff instead of buying a bunch of ready made stuff. Ya know...steam in the bag veggies; chicken nuggets in the shape of Mickey Mouse; 500 calorie a teaspoonful of macaroni and cheese (yep, the one with the package of Velveeta. OMG, when I was a scrawny waif of a chica, I would scarf that crap down. Now, I simply smell it and my ass expands).

So now, the big prob is going shopping with a wild child and a newborn. I applaud the parents that go into the store with their 10 kids and fill a shopping cart with no hassle.

My goal is to cook more food for my fam even though I have a mini-me who is a super picky eater (I was the SAME way when I was a wee whipperdoodle.).

No comments:

Post a Comment